Fundamentals of hydraulic accumulators
Fluids are practically incompressible and can therefore not be directly used for energy storage.
ORELL Hydraulic accumulators make storing fluids under pressure possible. Their operating principle is based on the Boyle-Mariotte’s law (P x V = constant) and the compressibility difference between fluids and gases.
- Storage and, as required, release of the energy transmitted by the fluid.
- Maintaining a required level of pressure for a certain period of time.
- Hydraulic compensations of big masses.
- Absorbing excess energy (water hammers, etc.).
- Smoothening irregular pulsating fluid flows.
- Buffering shocks (vehicles, lifting systems, etc.).
- Pressure compensations in case of thermal loading.
OSP 035 - Applications hydraulic accumulators (619.4 KiB)
OSP 036 - Customer applications (4.4 MiB)
OSP 100 - General bladder accumulator series EHV (150.4 KiB)
OSP 200 - General bladder accumulator series EBV (148.3 KiB)
OSP 080 - Type Code (56.6 KiB)
OSP 810 - Repair instructions series EHV (664.6 KiB)
OSP 815 - Repair instructions series EBV (587.2 KiB)